It’s time to buckle up because you’re going to see the cutest fur babies in this blog post. If you don’t know, I have a dog and a cat who are my entire world and I love them more than anything.. so when my couples ask if they can have their pets in weddings or bring them along for photoshoots, I am ALWAYS going to say yes! Here are some of the early warning signs that you should note to know that whether your pet is healthy and ready to do this or not.
Your dogs and cats are truly part of your family so it is completely normal to want them there on your wedding day or in your family photos! Weddings and elopements alone bring me so much joy, but when a dog is involved??? I’m losing my mind with excitement.
Here are my top tips for involving your beloved pets (mainly dogs) in your wedding or elopement:
- Put a friend or family member in charge of the pet! This is especially important at weddings and elopements. You want your furry babe to be taken care of so you can enjoy your day. This person will be in charge of giving them food and water, picking up after them and holding them while you take other photos.
- If you’re eloping, make sure you know the rules and regulations for pets. Always bring a goodie bag filled with food, water, leash, harness and shoes! Doggie shoes are great for hot concrete or snow. Depending on your elopement location, it might be best for shoes 🙂
- If your wanting to bring your dog to your wedding but your venue doesn’t allow pets (boo!) you can incorporate them in so many different ways! You can get someone to illustrate them and have them featured on invitations, bar menus, napkins, cookies… you name it, you can put your pets picture on it. This is such a cute way to have them feautred on your wedding day!
- Dress them up and show them off!! You can get your dog cute accesories for your wedding day! A flower collar, custom collar, bowtie, tutu… the possibilites are endless! There’s nothing better than seeing a dog dressed for the occastion!
- Sneak away and head to your house! This may sound crazy… but I promise it’ll be worth it. If your pets can’t make it to the venue or location, let’s swing by and get a few shots with them on the front porch, in the backyard or on the couch. You’ll be able to look back on your wedding photos with such a warm heart knowing you were able to capture them on the most special day.
Including your dogs in family or engagement photos:
I always encourage my couples and families to bring their pet! If you have a cat, we can always do an in-home session.
Let’s say you have three dogs and you want them to be in your engagement photos… Please make sure you have the appropriate amount of people to take care of them during the session!
The same tips apply for weddings as they do family photos. Bring water, food, treats, coats, leashes. I want your dog to feel as comfortable as possible. And don’t worry about them being a little crazy.. sometimes those make for the best photos!
So if you want to involve your dog or cat into your photoshoot… please don’t hesitate to tell me! I am more than happy to snap some cute photos of your precious baby!
Now… please enjoy these cute pictures of dogs and cats 🙂